Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Recent Buys.





I feel like I am a logical and compulsive shopper. The logic comes in because before I buy ANYTHING, I really scrutinize whether or not I'll wear it, if I need it, and what it will match. I can't tell you how many things I've bought that look good on the hanger, but DON'T look good with any of my existing clothes. Then it just spoils in my closet, or I over compensate for the bad buy and buy MORE things.

But the compulsive part DOES come in though. Like, I KNOW I have plenty of necklaces, but that doesn't stop me from getting more. OR I know I have a stack full of jeans, but that doesn't stop me from getting more.

I don't know, it's a delicate balance. But I do always feel that I buy things I know I will use A LOT.

That being said, these are my recent buys:



Not a big fan of light-washed jeans, but I've seen a lot of people with my build (short/petite) pull them off nicely. AND these have rips and studs AND they were only $25 WITH shipping. Good, right?
American Eagle. They shipped today, hope they fit. Had to get them in a size 6, but maybe bigger can be better.



Okay, THIS is where the compulsive side comes in. I have been jonesin for a pair of wedges like these. Dulce Tejada (www.dulcecandy.com) always wears shoes like these. Brown tones, high heeled, high wedges. And she's SHORTER than me, and they make her look very tall. And she wears them all around town, so they must be comfortable enough.

So I've been on the prowl for a few weeks now trying to find cute (AND CHEAP) wedges. And then finally I found these at F21 and got them immediately without thinking. Like I saw them, bought them, done.
I'm excited though!

Yeah, still haven't started my job. But the universe as provided me new and creative ways to make money, and it's really funny and encouraging.

I think I'm learning to buy what I actually need. When I have HUGE lump sums of cash, I end up going crazy with things that I can afford, but don't need.

So this is good :)

-Millie Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment