Friday, July 2, 2010

Stretching Dollars.

My recent job situation had me down for a bit. Not to mention I had a stint with the stomach flu. But I am back with a new post about some new items I've bought despite my dwindling bank account.
You'd be surprised how many sites are dedicated to us poor fashionistas.

Here are a few of the items I have been able to buy:


I got these from 15dollarstore.com, and any reasonable person with a brain cell can deduct that, yes, I got these for 15 dollars. Youtube guru Michelle Phan turned her followers onto this site, claiming she had gotten items from it. So being that she's pretty reputable, I decided I too would buy something from this site. And because I don't have Michelle Phan's wallet, I was even more excited. I LOVE THESE. I got them in the mail today and am ecstatic. I was worred about how they would look on my short and stout legs, but alas they lengthen them beautifully, and I am happy about that. They use to be $65, so I'm also happy about that.
They're going to become best friends with my black skinnies :)

Love this head band. Got it from Forever21.com, like most things. I was watching a wedding show (as I have been a lot lately since my brother is getting married, a topic I may dedicate a post to) and the bride wanted her wedding to be 1920s flapper-inspired. And she took out a headband that was like the one pictured above and put it on and I loved it, so I decided to have my own version of it. I plan to put it to wrap around my forehead rather than use it to push my hair back.



Another item from F21.com I mean what can I say? It's gray, it's soft, and it's studded. Enough said.



F21.com again!!! My other sandals from here are about to break, so I needed to get a replacement for them fast! But they were both only 8 dollars, so I can't really expect them to last a million years.

I figured out very late that ELF Cosmetics has $1 make up all year round. I thought it was only a promotion that went on during the holidays or something. That being said...ONE DOLLAR. Heck yes I got A LOT of things and will continue to buy from them in the future. I haven't gotten it in the mail yet, so when I do I will be sure to do a separate post here on what I got and how I feel about it!




I made good on one of the intentions I had for this summer. I got a new flat iron! This product also has yet to arrive on my doorstep, but I'm still so excited. This is what my hairstylist uses, so I have high hopes. Not to mention it got a 5 star review on almost every site I ventured on to. So happy to welcome my new flat iron into my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This is just part one of the blog post I had in mind. I will split it up into two separate posts...things I got in the mail, and things I got in person while I was in Georgetown with my friends!

-Millie Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment