Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lacquer.

I love updating this thing!

Anyway, today I want to express my undying love for all things nail polish! I remember I NEVER used to wear nail polish before I was a sophomore in HS. That's when that black nail polish trend hit HARD, so I had to follow. And since then, there has HAD to be some type of color on my nails.

Here are some of my favorite colors to wear:


MINT GREEN.
Okay, mint green has officially been crowned my NEW favorite color (I mean, it's even the color of my blog). Move over, blue! And I know what set it off: nail polish. This is called Peppermint Patti from MAC. I don't personally have this. I have the shade called 'Office' from American Apparel. I love this color. I think it adds a hint of brightness without being super neon and tacky. Def can wear this during ALL seasons, but it fits in most during the warm months of spring and summer.


I have this on right now! Only mine is from Rimmel and not Chanel, haha. I don't know why I love this so much because it does just look like a boring brown, right? WRONG! It is definitely in the nude family, so don't get this if you want people to notice your nails first. But do get it if you enjoy being subtly sophisticated. During a summer where everyone is trying out neon oranges, this color will definitely make you stand out, in a good way. It also feels like a kind of indie color, you know?

Jade green, not to be confused with mint green. I got my Jade shade from Forever 21 and its a bit more blueish than this is. But it's the same idea. Jade is a big trend right now from what I can see, and it's a sure fire way to add a spring/summer pop to your outfit.



Pastel pink. I got mine from American Apparel, once again. I'm loving this color. I think I'm definitely a more subtle person when it comes to nail color, if you haven't noticed already. Hot pink seems too tacky for me, so this color is the compromise. It looks just beautiful with my skin tone too!

Yep, white! I love this color. Now I will warn you, if you put a white-ish color on, and then do a lot of work with your hands throughout the day, your nail color will get dirty, which is just disgusting. But if you choose a white with a nice shimmer or pink to it, and then put a clear coat on, you should be good to go. Deliciously bright without being tacky.



You guys knew I was going to include black, right? It will never go out of style. It goes with everything, and adds a slight edge to EVERYTHING. Its a must have.

Complete opposite from black, NUDE. I know I included a nude tone already, but that was more brown/purple-ish. This is straight up beige. I got my beige shade from Urban Outfitters, and kind of didn't read the label. It was a matte finish. So when I put it on my nails it really did look BLAH. But, I cheated and put a shimmery clear coat over it. Loved the result. Year round, sophisticated color.



Dark purple, and also dark wine red. I have these colors forthe days I think black may be a little too harsh. It gives your nails that dark edge without being TOO harsh.

Navy blue. Not so much a summer shade, but wait until fall or winter rolls around and it can be a really pretty alternative to black, or red. Blue has gotten a bad rap for being kind of childish and tacky as far as polishes go. But I think navy blue is a definite way to infuse the beauty of blue, yet stay sophisticated.
All my colors so far have been about sophistication I feel lol. So I will end this off with a funky color!



Yellow! I have yet to find a nice yellow that isn't streaky and watery, but I will never give up on my infatuation with yellow things. Kind of like the dress I bought yesterday, I just know it looks good on my skin. But don't get confused, mint green is still my ultimate favorite color of all time now, but I can appreciate the simplicity of and fun that yellow brings. It's the color of the sun, so people will automatically associate it with all things bright, fun, and peppy. Plus, I love canaries.

Now I know what you're thinking, 'Camille, where's the red?' because every girl needs that classic red polish in her collection, right? I HATE RED. I hate red nail polish so much. I hate red shirts, red dresses, I just hate red. It looks awful on me. ALL SHADES. So I'm going to go ahead and be the exception to that classic red rule. Yuck.


I hope this has helped/inspired/entertained you. I know a lot of the pictures are Chanel, MAC, Dior, etc. But you don't have to get an expensive nail polish for it to look good. Drug store (and yes even dollar shades) can look great with the right top coat.

Rule of thumb for nail polish: If you want to keep it trendy, look to what colors Sally Henson, OPI, and Chanel are doing at the moment, and then find those shades at the drug store. Cheap and easy way to be in style!

-Millie Michelle




No comments:

Post a Comment